|Privacy of Information|
Confidentiality & Privacy of Information Policy
West Vancouver Field Hockey Club highly values the privacy of its members and their personal information. Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual.
Does WVFHC share personal information?
- In order to play in leagues and programs, players must pay an annual Field Hockey BC Association fee which we forward on our members’ behalf. To this end, WVFHC sends player data to enable FHBC fees to be paid and for our players to be covered by insurance. WVFHC may also provide information about our membership for the purposes of field bookings and program planning (eg. to North Vancouver Recreation Commission for booking fields in North Vancouver).
- WVFHC does not share or send personal information about any of our members to any external suppliers or third parties. We also prohibit the use of membership information to solicit interest in external organisations, products or services.
- Any communication associated with a third party (eg. a sponsor or supplier) will be distributed directly by WVFHC.
- If enquiries are made to WVFHC about a specific member, we will first contact and obtain consent from the member before sharing personal information. If the member is under 18 years, permission must be granted by a parent or legal guardian
- If you are contacted by third parties or individuals who state that they are affiliated or associated with WVFHC please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about how WVFHC collects, maintains and uses your personal information please click here.
Who can I contact if I have any concerns?
Please contact Emma Gibbons, General Manager at email@example.com
Privacy Guidelines for Coaches & Managers
In the course of volunteering as a coach, manager, age group coordinator or other individuals, you may receive personal information about our members. Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. West Vancouver Field Hockey Club highly values the privacy of its members and their personal information. Please adhere to the following practices when collecting, maintaining and using personal information:
1. Team / Player Lists
- Age group coordinators, coaches and managers will be provided with team lists containing basic contact information for each player including names, birthdates, school, address, telephone numbers, email addresses and parents' names.
- Player information should only be used and accessed by those who have been sent it directly by WVFHC. Do not forward on player information or team lists to anyone other than team members.
- Please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you misplace this information
- Please ask your team for their permission to share their contact information with each other. Please BCC emails whenever you communicate until you have done so.
- You should be aware that some members may not wish to have certain information distributed to the team. These wishes should be respected. Please be sure to ask permission to include email addresses for players under 18 years.
2. Player Medical Information
Player medical information is distributed to each team manager for inclusion in the team medical kit that should be field side at every practice and game. This information is confidential. Storage, privacy, and correct use of this information is the responsibility of the team manager.
3. Team Information Pages
You can use the Team Information Pages on the WVFHC to upload photos and other documents pertinent to the team. However,please be aware that the Team Information Page for each team is accessible to all visitors to www.wvfhc.com - when you post information or photographs this becomes public information. Team pages are a great way for teams to communicate and create a fun team spirit with comments and pictures. However, as this is public information, individual privacy must be respected:
- Please receive permission from all players before using the Team Information Pages
- Team membership information should NEVER be posted to the team pages.
- The names of junior players should not be posted without specific permission.
- You need to seek permission before posting a photo (see below).
- Participants registering in our programs have either given or refused to give consent for photos to be taken and used by WVFHC in promotional materials. WVFHC keeps a list of individuals who have not given their consent.
- If team staff or parents are interested in taking pictures at a game, WVFHC recommends they check with the other parents at the beginning of the game to make sure this is acceptable and respect the wishes of any parent or player who objects.
- In terms of distributing or posting photos, anyone who is identifiable in a photo should give permission to have that photo shared. If the player is under 18 years, permission must be granted by a parent or legal guardian. “Identifiable” usually means that the person’s face is visible. If players are not readily identifiable because they are in a large group, only their backs are showing, they are far away, or are covered (such as a goalie), then it may be acceptable to share the photo.
- Players under 18 years should never be identified by name in a photo in a public posting, unless permission has been given by a parent or legal guardian.
- If a photo is posted and a player or parent objects, please remove the photo right away.
- If you have any questions or comments about these guidelines, please contact email@example.com