We want to provide our most ambitious, committed and highly motivated players the opportunity to take their game to the next level. The Spring High Performance teams will be selected from those players registered in the High Performance Development (HP DEV) program. Each age group (U14/U16/U18) will be limited to 24 players. We are looking for players who have a sound technical base and are committed to continuous improvement and excellence. Athletes must attend a tryout sessions at Rutledge. Please note that Grade 6 players in High Performance Development are not eligible to try out for the High Performance teams.
- 10 week program of 90-120 minutes weekly HP practice led by professional coaches.
- *NEW* Strength and Conditioning introductory sessions at Level 10 Fitness (3 sessions per age group)
- Selection by try-out only - up to 24 elite athletes per age group
- Coach to player ratio 1:6
- Opportunity to train and play in a HP select team at Club Championships and in the India Club Tournament. Please note that entry into the tournaments is included in your HP fees. There will be no additional try-outs for the tournament - all HP players who want to participate in the tournament will be accommodated. (Please note that tournament participation for boys will depend on numbers).
- Guest coaching sessions with Canadian National Team Players
- Video analysis will be done on all players on their core technical skills
In order to try out and be selected for the Spring HP Program, all players must be registered for the WVFHC 2018 Spring League and the High Performance Development Program.
- Athletes are expected to demonstrate commitment to the program, a strong work ethic and be open to constructive criticism. Players not adhering to these expectations may be removed from the HP program
Dates: U14 & U16 - 9 April - 18 June (no session on 21 May)
U18 - 10 April - 12th June
Practice: U14 (2004-2005) – Monday, 6:00 - 7:30pm
U16 (2002-2003) – Monday, 7:30 – 9:00pm
U18 (2000-2001) – Tuesday, 7:00 – 9:00pm
Cost: U14 & U16 - $300 (less $150 already paid for HP DEV)
U18 - $400 (less $150 already paid for HP DEV)
Uniform: There is a one-time $95 purchase of a training kit for those in the High Performance Program (not High Performance Development). The kit includes a dri-fit shirt, reversible vest and sweatshirt.
Tryout Schedule: Athletes must attend a try-out.
Friday, 2 February & 23 February
U14 - 4:00 - 5:00pm
U16 - 5:00 - 6:00pm
U18 - 6:00 - 7:00pm
Sunday, 4 February & 25 February
U18 - 9:00 - 10:00am
U14 - 10:00 - 11:00am
U16 - 11:00 - 12:00pm
Click here to register for the HP tryouts.