The aim of the U11/U12 program is to introduce young players to the full rules of field hockey. We introduce goalies, penalty corners and full game rules. We do this on a smaller field in order to increase touches of the ball by all players. The teams at this level join the Greater Vancouver Junior Field Hockey League (GVJFHL) so we begin to play teams from other areas.
Teams: Approximately 14 players with a goalie.
Uniform: We provide a jersey & skirt which you return at the end of the season and socks which you keep.
Location: Ambleside E, Confederation and other GVJFHL home fields.
Dates: April 7th - June 17th. Non sessions May 19th weekend.
Practice: Wednesday or Thursday at 6-7pm or 7-8pm. Practices take place at Ambleside E or Confederation. Practices begin week of April 2nd.
Players in Grade 5-12 are also able to attend an additional weekly development session led by paid coaches.
There will also be free weekly goalie clinics for players age Grade 5+ interested in trying and perfecting their goalie skills. Players must coordinate with their coach to borrow their team's equipment.
Games: GVJFHL games are on Saturdays for U11 & U12.
U11 & U12 games are 8 v 8 on a half pitch with full rules field hockey.
The Umpire Assignor will assign 2 umpires for each home game.
For more information about the field set up and rules for U11/U12, click here
- Free weekly coaching sessions for learning players in Grade 5-9 throughout Spring League. Days and times tbc.
- Lead Coaches will be on-field throughout the Spring League season to provide extra guidance and coaching to teams
- Guest appearances and coaching from Men's National Team and Women's National Team players
- Free weekly goalie clinic for players age Grade 5+ interested in trying and perfecting their goalie skills. Days and times tbc
- Free pre-season “New to Field Hockey” sessions that will allow you to prepare for the upcoming season with confidence. Details and dates to be confirmed.
Registration is open October 19th 2017 - 31 January 2018.
Click here for registration instructions. (The division name is Girls Spring League)
Looking to play more field hockey? Girls in Grade 6 can also participate in our High Performance Development program which is designed for those of you who would like to add additional skills development and a competitive element to Spring League. Click here for more information.