We want to provide our most ambitious, committed and highly motivated players the opportunity to take their game to the next level. The Spring High Performance teams will be selected from those players registered in the High Performance Development (HP DEV) program. Each age group (U14/U16/U18) will be limited to 20 players. We are looking for players who have a sound technical base and are committed to continuous improvement and excellence. Athletes must attend one of the two tryout sessions at Rutledge. Please note that Grade 6 players in High Performance Development are not eligible to try out for the High Performance teams.
- 10 week program of 90-120 minutes weekly HP practice led by professional coaches.
- Selection by try-out only - up to 20 elite athletes per age group
- Coach to player ratio 1:6
- Opportunity to train and play in a HP select team at Club Championships and in the India Club Tournament. Please note that entry into the tournaments is included in your HP fees. There will be no additional try-outs for the tournament - all HP players who want to participate in the tournament will be accommodated. (Please note that tournament participation for boys will depend on numbers).
- Guest coaching sessions with Canadian National Team Players
- Video analysis will be done on all players on their core technical skills
In order to try out and be selected for the Spring HP Program, all players must be registered for the 2017 Spring League and the High Performance Development Program.
- Athletes are expected to demonstrate commitment to the program, a strong work ethic and be open to constructive criticism. Players not adhering to these expectations may be removed from the HP program
Dates: U14 & U16 - 10 April - 19th June (no session on 17 April)
U18 - 10 April - 13th June
Practice: U14 (2003/2004) – Monday, 6:00 - 7:30pm
U16 (2001/2002) – Monday, 7:30 – 9:00pm
U18 (1999/2000) – Tuesday, 7:00 – 9:00pm
Cost: U14 & U16 - $300 (less $150 already paid for HP DEV)
U18 - $400 (less $150 already paid for HP DEV)
Uniform: There is a one-time $60 purchase of a training kit for those in the High Performance Program (not High Performance Development). The kit includes a dri-fit shirt, reversible vest and sweatshirt.
Athletes must attend one of the remaining tryout sessions.
- Friday March 3rd U14: 4-5pm U16:5-6pm U18: 5-6pm
Location: Rutledge Field
Click here to register for one of the tryout sessions.