Beginning at Grade 7, girls play full field, full rules field hockey. This means teams play 11-a-side, and penalty corners and other game rules are applied. The teams at this level play in Greater Vancouver Junior Field Hockey League (GVJFHL) with teams from other areas.
Teams: Approximately 16-18 players with a goalie.
Uniform: We provide a jersey & skirt which you return at the end of the season and socks which you keep.
Location: North Vancouver or West Vancouver Turf fields and other GVJFHL home fields.
Dates: April 1st - June 18th. No sessions April 15th or May 20th weekends.
Practice: One hour practice per week (Monday-Friday). Practice day/time/location is selected by the team staff. Practices begin week of March 27th.
Players in Grade 5-12 are also able to attend an additional weekly development session led by paid coaches. This will take place on Mondays from 5-6pm at Rutledge. The clinic starts from the 10 April.
There will also be free weekly goalie clinics for players age Grade 5+ interested in trying and perfecting their goalie skills. These will take place on Mondays and Tuesdays from 6-7pm and 7-8pm. Players must coordinate with their coach to borrow their team's equipment.
Games: GVJFHL games are on Sundays for U13 & U15 and Saturdays for U14.
U13+ games are 11 v 11 on a full field.
The Umpire Assignor will assign 2 umpires for each home game.
- WVFHC is proud to kick the 2017 Spring League off by hosting World League at Rutledge from 1-9 April 2017. World League is an international womens field hockey tournament that will feature Canada's national field hockey team along with 7 other nations. Our Spring League members will have some exclusive opportunities to be inspired by international role models and get involved in hosting this prestigious event.
- Free weekly goalie clinic for players age Grade 5+ interested in trying and perfecting their goalie skills. Days and times tbc.
- Free weekly coaching sessions for learning players in Grade 5-9 throughout Spring League. Days and times tbc.
- Guest appearances and coaching from Men's National Team and Women's National Team players
- Free pre-season “New to Field Hockey” sessions that will allow you to prepare for the upcoming season with confidence. Details and dates to be confirmed.
Registration is now open until January 31st 2017. Click here for registration instructions. (The division name is Girls Spring League)
Looking to play more field hockey? Girls in grade 7-9 can also participate in our High Performance Development program which is designed for those of you who would like to add additional skills development and a competitive element to Spring League. Click here for more information.