The aim of the U11/U12 program is to introduce young players to the full rules of field hockey. We introduce goalies, penalty corners and full game rules. We do this on a smaller field in order to increase touches of the ball by all players. The teams at this level join the Greater Vancouver Junior Field Hockey League (GVJFHL) so we begin to play teams from other areas.
Teams: Approximately 12-14 players with a goalie.
Uniform: We provide a jersey & skirt which you return at the end of the season and socks which you keep.
Location: Ambleside E, Confederation and other GVJFHL home fields.
Dates: April 1st - June 18th. No sessions April 15th or May 20th weekends.
Practice: Wednesday or Thursday at 6-7pm or 7-8pm. Practices take place at Ambleside E or Confederation. Practices begin week of March 27th.
Players in Grade 5-12 are also able to attend an additional weekly development session led by paid coaches. This will take place on Mondays from 5-6pm at Rutledge. The clinic starts from the 10 April.
There will also be free weekly goalie clinics for players age Grade 5+ interested in trying and perfecting their goalie skills. These will take place on Mondays and Tuesdays from 6-7pm and 7-8pm. Players must coordinate with their coach to borrow their team's equipment.
Games: GVJFHL games are on Saturdays for U11 & U12.
U11 & U12 games are 8 v 8 on a half pitch with full rules field hockey.
The Umpire Assignor will assign 2 umpires for each home game.
For more information about the field set up and rules for U11/U12, click here
- WVFHC is proud to kick the 2017 Spring League off by hosting World League at Rutledge from 1-9 April 2017. World League is an international womens field hockey tournament that will feature Canada's national field hockey team along with 7 other nations. Our Spring League members will have some exclusive opportunities to be inspired by international role models and get involved in hosting this prestigious event.
- Free weekly coaching sessions for learning players in Grade 5-9 throughout Spring League. Days and times tbc.
- Lead Coaches will be on-field throughout the Spring League season to provide extra guidance and coaching to teams
- Guest appearances and coaching from Men's National Team and Women's National Team players
- Free weekly goalie clinic for players age Grade 5+ interested in trying and perfecting their goalie skills. Days and times tbc
- Free pre-season “New to Field Hockey” sessions that will allow you to prepare for the upcoming season with confidence. Details and dates to be confirmed.
Registration is now open until the 31 January 2017.
Click here for registration instructions. (The division name is Girls Spring League)
Looking to play more field hockey? Girls in Grade 6 can also participate in our High Performance Development program which is designed for those of you who would like to add additional skills development and a competitive element to Spring League. Click here for more information.